This unique program allows students the opportunity to make the workplace their classroom. Students are allowed to leave school to go to their job and earn money while learning people skills, technical knowledge and countless other workplace competencies which can’t be taught in the classroom. Students also attend class one afternoon per week at Wright Technical Center. Students are required to work at least 10 hours/week and bring their paystubs to class. The primary objective of OJT is to provide students with the necessary skills and knowledge to enable them to be successful in the workplace.
- Personal finance
- Interviewing skills
- Career exploration
- Soft skill development
- Job shadowing
- Work site visits
Skills Needed for Success
- Dependability and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work as a team member
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Work-readiness skills
- Willingness to improve your people skills
Each student must agree to:
- Attend a required class at WTC one day a week.
- Cannot quit or change jobs without first discussing the issue with the instructor.
- Provide photocopies of all pay stubs for every day of work.