Special Education Instructor – Wright Technical Center
The Wright Technical Center – ISD #966 in Buffalo, MN is seeking a qualified applicant for a 1.0 FTE Special Education position in our ALC for the 2017-2018 academic school year. The WTC is a 7-12 school focusing on career, technical, and alternative education.
Qualifications: Interested applicants must hold a valid MN Special Education in one of the following licensure areas: Academic & Behavioral Strategist, LD or EBD. Other disability areas will be considered.
- Applies processes of referral, assessment, curriculum team planning, and program placement intervention for students with disabilities
- Manages a system for developmental services
- Collaborates with teachers, high school personnel, parents, advocacy groups and outside agencies to insure effective communications and success
- Assist teachers by providing indirect student support for students with disabilities
- Assist with the early identification and detection of students at risk
- Facilitate the development of realistic occupational goals for students with disabilities
- Facilitate the development of transitional and lifework plans
- Participate in the development of IEP and 504 plans as requested
- Facilitate the IEP collection process
- Assist with the adaptation and/or modification of curriculum and/or instruction to meet individual learner needs
- Monitors the delivery of services and individual student productivity
- Maintain records consistent with district policies and Minnesota Data Practices Act
- Assist with attendance tracking and reporting
- Provide career information and career options/opportunities
- Assist with the presentation of professional development activities for faculty
- Respond in a timely manner to emergency and crisis situations involving students with disabilities
- Represent the interests of students with disabilities on the Professional Development Committee
- Perform other relevant educational and administrative duties as assigned by the principal or director
Application Deadline: March 17th, 2017
Date of Position: Academic school year 2017-2018.
Salary: Based on experience and teaching contract.
Application procedure: Send a hardcopy of your cover letter, resume, employment application, teaching licensure, and three letters of reference to:
Shaun Karson – Principal
Wright Technical Center
1405 3rd Ave. NE
Buffalo, MN 55313